two days of class left, and i'm having a hard time accepting that i'm on the brink of summer, much less...on the brink of the rest of my life. this is the end of my undergrad and i can barely get excited. i keep forgetting. not surprisingly, the feeling is bittersweet.
things i will miss:
- the social interaction of going to school
- the 'identity' of being a 'student', and the whole subculture that goes with it
- learning new things in a classroom setting
- being encouraged to research, study and read about things i probably would never take the initiative to on my own
things i'm excited about:
- making and saving money, instead of spending it
- free time is just that...not spent doing homework, or stressing about deadlines
- no more deadlines!
- more opportunity to pursue my own interests and hobbies
- that sense of accomplishment. 22 with an honours degree.
of course, this will all change when i go to grad school. i will be a student again. i will be in even more debt and be struggling to reach even more persistent deadlines. but it's different, i think. it's more mature. it's more..."this is real life". and i'm excited for that...when the time comes.
in the meantime, i have a lot of decisions to make, a lot of self-discovery to accomplish, and hell...a lot of RELAXING to do. i need peace of mind. my guts will tell me what to do, where i need to be and when i should do it.