Tuesday, April 14, 2009

haaaave you met athena?!

done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done done! well, mostly. 37 pages and submitted for review. i still need to clean it up a bit, edit it and format it nicely, but the bulk of the work...is done. and i feel AMAZING!! it sounds cheesy, but i almost feel like i've been reborn! i might still have some work on it left to do and i might still have one more exam, but as far as i'm concerned, i'm more or less done. welcome to adulthood athena!

upon arriving home from the library, i decided that inside was the last place i wanted to be after all of my hard work, so i turned on my ipod and walked out in the sunshine and ran some errands. it was lovely, and gave me some time to let the feelings of accomplishment soak in, while arranging all of the other thoughts in my head.

i'm so reminded of why i love summer...i have time to think my own thoughts! lots of time to face the good, the bad, the difficult and the hilarious. everything that has happened to me and everything i want to do all gets re-examined up close. i get to know myself all over again.

i think i've begun that over the past couple of days, and especially today. i'm not 100% pleased with the person i am, but i'm pretty damn greatful for the life that i live. i love my boyfriend and i have loved sharing a home with him over the past couple of months. i've got some really great friends, regardless of whether i get to see them as often as i would like or not. i also have some really fun acquaintances! my family is more supportive than i have probably ever given them credit for. i eat good meals. i'm surrounded by beauty. i have opportunities most of the world probably can't even fathom! life is good!

i'm wrapping up my undergrad, and i'm taking the time to breathe. i have NO idea where life is going to take me or exactly what i plan on doing with the time i have been given...but i'm so excited.

now, if you'll excuse me, i hear the theme song for how i met your mother. that show is seriously as hilarious as all of the hype suggests it is.


ps: i love love love avocados! if you know any great vegetarian avocado recipes (other than guacamole), please feel free to share!

No comments: